Image Map

Tuesday 29 July 2014

The Lip Product Addict {Tag}

Happy National Lipstick Day! 

I was recently tagged to do this Lip Product addict tag from the beautiful MJ from MJ in the Sky with Glitter and I thought no better way to celebrate today than with a lipstick related tag; that and a bold lip of course!



1. Favourite Balm / Treatment?

Oh, Burts Bees.  I love their Grapefruit "Refreshing" balm and am nearing the end of my third tube!  One treatment that I'm interested in trying is the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne... It's rose gold, need I say more?


2. Best Eye-Catching Red?

I love reds.  But I have to say my most eye-catching would be Viva Glam Rihanna, I talk a little more about it here but the frosted finish is stunning.  Paired with the Viva Glam Riri Lipglass and were talking ruby-red perfection.  


3. Best Luxury & Best Drugstore?

When I think "luxury" cosmetics I think Chanel, I think Tom Ford, Dior and YSL.  None of which I own... So as for my most expensive lipsticks (which also happens to be one of my favorites) I have Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Bumbleberry.  It's formula is incredibly buttery and moisturizing and fades of evenly and naturally.  Bumbleberry is a deep "my lips but better" shade that I love for everyday.  Not to mention the sleek gold packaging feels very luxurious.  

Too Faced Bumbleberry

Best of the drugstore is easy!  Revlon Matte Balms have one of my favorite formulas; matte but not drying and extremelyyyyy pigmented.  Plus a lot of the colors in the Matte Balm line are dupes for popular MAC mattes as well.

Revlon Matte Balms (L) swatched next to popular MAC mattes.  More information here


4. Best MAC Lipstick?

Fabby is my most used color.  It's a mauve pink with pink frost- and a little transformer.  Put a nude colored gloss on it and it's the most beautiful neutral.  Put a pink toned gloss on it and you have a wearable light(ish) pink lip.  If you love the look of light pinks on others but aren't exactly comfortable wearing them yourself Fabby is definitely a shade you should look in to.  Perfect to live in your purse. 

Fabby swatched next to, then layered with Revlon Colorburst in Crystal Violet, taken from my Lip Duo Tag


5. The Most Disappointing?

For this category MJ chose the EOS lip balms, and I think I have to agree.  They're so cute and my favorite scents (Honey Dew and Sweet Mint) are always on my bedside table and in my bathroom but they aren't nearly as moisturizing as they could/ should be.  


6. Liner - Yes or No?

I love liner, but is it ideal for everyday? Probably not.  So as a general rule if I'm wearing a bold red, or deep berry color I will always have liner because it makes it more low maintenance and prevents the color from bleeding.  For more natural colors I usually skip the liner but do have a fav nude for those days when I want to take the extra step.  


7. Best gloss?

Yummmm, NYX Butterglosses, everybody's favorite gloss.  My favorite shade is Tiramisu (especially over Fabby)  I don't think theres anything I can say that hasn't already been said; they're buttery, soft, non-sticky, and affordable.  


8. Something extra!

Not everyday, not every week, but every so long my lips desperately need a good scrub!  I did invest in the Fresh Cosmetics sugar lip scrub but then did a little DIY science experiment and found that I could make a great one in my own kitchen.  So although I won't be repurchasing the Fresh one, I do enjoy using it in the meantime.  

Scrubbing and exfoliating your lips will remove any dead skin from the surface of your lips which will allow them to absorb moisture better, your lipstick to apply smoother and improve the overall condition of your lips.  Which we all need every once in a while!  If you're interested in my DIY pursuit you can read it here.  


Aaaand that's all I have to say! Thank you for reading, hopefully you learned something or discovered a great new product that you're curious to try now! Remember to bust out a bright pink or red lip this afternoon and celebrate National Lipstick day with a fun color choice!


If you're interested in doing this tag, please do so! I tag the following ladies and all of you as well:

Karen (KP Says)


Jasmine (Jasmine McRae)



| Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin |
xoxo

13 comments:

  1. I love all the lipstick posts today - why can't it be National Lipstick Day every day?
    I have just ordered my first MAC lipstick today (Russian Red) but Fabby looks gorgeous too. I may have to treat myself it if I love Russian Red.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Russian Red is gorgeous! I'm sure you'll love it and catch that MAC lipstick bug we all have!

      Delete
  2. Great answers! Love the swatches too!

    Analesha xx
    lipsandbubbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your swatches! Gabby and bumble berry are now added to my wishlist! Great tag.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revlon Matte Balms are my fave drugstore lip products too! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's your favorite shade? Shameless gives me life!

      Delete
  5. Dani I knew you would make me proud!! I love all your picks!!
    Being a long time follower I remember previous posts where you talked about some of these products, but I get so excited reading about your make up collection that every time it's like seeing them for the first time haha ^_^

    Adding your link to my blogpost right now,
    love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks again for tagging me, I really enjoyed writing it!

      Delete
  6. I'm not a fan of EOS balms either! I hope I can do this tag! I think it's a great one! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny what some cute packaging can get people excited about.
      You really should, it's a fun one!

      Delete
  7. Lovely blog :) I'm from Canada too! Have a good day.

    Ali | http://lilaclipstick.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete