Image Map

Monday 14 July 2014

{Sephora Favorites} Lash Stash To Go

I love trying new mascaras, but nothing bothers me for than spending money on a product that I think is going to be fantastic... Just be disappointed.  Insert the Lash Stash To Goa Sephora promotion I swear by and what I believe to be the best value for high end mascara you can find!

"Lashstash To Go [retails for $30CDN and] includes five beloved, must-try mascaras for thicker-looking, voluminous, and perfectly separated lashes. From the ultranourishing, to the long-wearing, and from the multidimensional to the blackest black, each luxurious formula builds voluptuous perfection. Try them all, pick your favorite, and then bring the enclosed voucher to your local Sephora store to redeem for a full-size version."



Too Faced Better Than Sex "An intensely black, volumizing mascara with an hourglass-shaped brush that separates, coats, and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection"
This is my second mini tube of this mascara and it is one of my all time favorites.  I actually went in to buy a full size version when I found the Lash Stash instead.  The wand has an hourglass shape that creates thick, beautiful, black, voluminous lashes and builds really easily. Retail: $30.00


Lancome Hypnose Drama "The ultimate instant-volume mascara for lash drama."
Hypnose Drama is also a volumizing mascara but I found it to have a very wet formula.  The wand is curved and tapered which makes application on those itty bitty lashes easy, but also messy if you're not careful.  The color is "excessive black" and that it is!  Perfect for thick, dramatic, voluminous lashes.  Retail: $31.50



Blinc Inc. Mascara "The famous pioneering, tube-technology water-resistant mascara."
I can honestly say that this is my least favorite mascara out of the five.  I found it messy to apply and apposed to tubing individual lashes, it gripped small bundles and tubed them all together which gave me a look as if I had applied mascara and then cried immediately after.   Plus, in order to remove it I ended up literally pulling tubes off of my lashes.  Which I did not like!  Retail: $30.00


Bare Minerals Lash Domination  "A do-it-all mascara for larger-than-life lashes."
This is the only mascara in the collection with a plastic wand, which I don't usually gravitate towards.  The wand is chubby and twisted in it making it perfect for the "twist in blink" application method and getting close to the root of you lash.     Retail: $23.00


Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes "A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara."
This is a great go- to mascara.  I wouldn't say it gives incredible length but a good combination of subtle length and full buildable volume.  A deluxe sample this size retails for $12.00 Full size retail: $24.00




I can honestly say it's been a really long time since I've owned any full size mascara.  I guess I would rather have five minis than one full size!  I find that deluxe samples last a really long time and considering that mascara is supposed to go bad after three months they're the perfect size to allow you to use up the product before it gets sticky or dries up!

I am still undecided but will probably opt for a full size of Better Than Sex or Lights, Camera, Lashes when I'm ready to redeem my voucher.  The best part is it doesn't expire- just make sure you don't lose it!

  Have you tried any of the mascaras included in the Lash Stash To Go?  
Is this a promotion you'd be interested in? 

| Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin |
xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Wish we had sets like this in England, would be amazing!

    Hannah Heartss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I'm moving to Canada in about a month and I think I may have to go pick one up ASAP. At least I would have enough mascara to last me a while!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The samples last forever, it's unbelievable.
      You'll love Vancouver, I've followed you on bloglovin so we can stay in touch !

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous idea! Wish it was in the UK

    Style Sunrise

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Karen! I wish it was the UK for you too!

      Delete
  4. great in depth reviews! I saw this a while ago in Sephora and I really regret not getting it. I hate buying an expensive mascara to find that its no good! would love if you could check out my fashion blog :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I always use my Sephora point for mini mascars as well :-)
      Thanks Louise!

      Delete
  5. Ive heard of this before! We have it at our local sephora. I wish they had something like this for lipsticks! I would go crazy.

    http://aprettythought.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, but there is! http://www.sephora.com/give-me-some-lip-P388033?skuId=1634898

      Delete
  6. I got the Tarte "Lights, Camera, Flashes" in a beauty box (gold packaging). I totally hate it. It has a plastic applicator, and you have to use each "side" separately, and it's hard to distinguish between the two when it's full of mascara. How can formulas be so different?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Lights, Camera, Flashes and Lights, Camera, Lashes are completely different. I really don't like plastic wands and the one I have is definitely not! It's what I would call a "classic" or "traditional" mascara wand. Try exchanging the one you got for the one in the purple packaging!!

      Delete