Image Map

Monday 21 July 2014

{NEW} Makeup Geek Blushes

On June 15th this year, Makeup Geek released thirteen brand new permanent blushes in their line; each one of them uniquely beautiful. There are four shimmer shades and nine mattes in the collection.  Since my love  affair with MUG Eyeshadows I couldn't pass them up, so only three days after the launch I chose three of the warmer peachy shades; Bliss, Romance, and Infatuation.  The collection is so diverse and honestly has a shade (or three!) for everyone.  See/shop the entire collection here



Claims: "Perfect for every skin tone these blushes are made with only the finest ingredients, as they blend effortlessly into the skin for a natural radiance. Talc free, cruelty free, and made in the 
U. S, these finely milled powders guarantee a creamy, smooth consistency that glides onto cheeks and blends with ease. The fade proof formula promises long lasting color and the rich pigmentation offers a buildable custom shade every time."

Finish/Texture:  Bliss and Infatuation are both considered matte shades, but remind me more of a satin as they have a very natural and skin like finish whereas Romance has a beautiful shimmer throughout it.  All three have an unbelievably silky, soft texture just as they claim.  But because they're so soft, and similar to some of the eye shadows, there can be fall out if you're too aggressive with your brush so I definitely recommend using a light hand! 

Price/Availability:  You can purchase these blushes on the Makeup Geek website either in a pan for $9.99 or a compact for $12.99.  I chose to order the compacts because it's easier to throw them in a bag and take them with me on the go (and also because Infatuation was already sold out in a compact and the OCD part of me couldn't bring herself to order two pans and one compact LOL)


Packaging:  This being said I'm actually glad I chose to go with the compacts.  The compacts themselves are a sleek gunmetal gray.  For a size reference, the pans are the exact same size as a MAC blush pan but the MUG packaging is about half the width.    

Pigmentation: I cannot rave enough about the quality of MUG products.  The swatch below is only one swipe of my finger, and when blended out they're so easy to build up.

How I Used It:
Bliss is a true peach shade.  I've been wearing this swept over the apples of my cheeks and brushed back into my temples.  I've never had a shade this color and it gives the perfect balance of pinched color and warmth to the face.
Romance has been compared over and over to the infamous NARS Orgasm. To quote Jaclyn Hill it's "Orgasm on steroids!"  It's absolutely beautiful, again on its own, or what's even better is pairing it with Bliss and using it as a highlight shade focusing on the top of the cheek bones.
Infatuation is a gorgeous terra cotta shade which is unlike any other blush or bronzer in my collection.  It creates a gorgeous warm, bronzed flush on the cheeks which I am loving this summer but on fairer skin tones could be used as a contour shade as well.  Infatuation has the softest texture of the three, so I do expiration the most fall out with this shade.  

Bliss, Romance, Infatuation

Bliss, Romance, Infatuation (blended)

Likes:
  • Beautiful finish
  • Silky texture
  • Bold pigmentation
Dislikes:
  • My only dislike for the compact form of these blushes in that the actual pan seems very loose within the compact.  On the website it says "they are designed to open easily and also easy to de-pot in case you want to put the blush in a palette" so they may be loose to make them easier to depot.  This being said I chose the compact because I didn't want to depot them.  But we'll see!  
  • The fall out.  I debated whether or not to even include this as a dislike because I find it is give and take when a product is so incredibly soft.  

Overall: 
I am yet to be disappointed with a Makeup Geek product and these blushes are no exception.  I've been reaching for them every single day since they arrived.  I can not wait to see what Makeup Geek has in store for the future!

10/10, do recommend!

Did you pick up any of the new MUG blushes?  Are any shades on your wishlist?

| Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin |
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I have been dying to try out these blushes. Though I think Ill make a pallet, I don't think I could handle a moving compact! : )
    nichellexoxo.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't been too bad but I'm always gentle!

      Delete
  2. These look stunning. Bliss is a particularly beautiful shade.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They're all gorg! I know Bliss is probably too light for you but it's what I've been reaching for everyday, it's perfection.

      Delete