Image Map

Monday 7 July 2014

#BLOGGERSDOITBETTER: Dream Vanity and Organization Inspiration

Those who know me already know that I have a major makeup storage issue!  

If I had it my way I would have a small makeup room where I could get ready in the morning, blog, and maybe even do my homework during the school year.  My own little space!  However, since living in a small apartment doesn't really give me this option I am taking baby steps in order to create the space I want.  

I currently store my makeup on the floor *gasp* haha, but I'm telling the truth, this is real life!  I keep most of products cluttered around the base of a floor length mirror where I sit on the floor and get ready.  Then the majority of my lip products are in a small organizer and crammed into a few empty candle jars on top of the smallest IKEA dresser you've ever seen.  It's a tragedy.  

When I have the opportunity (and cash flow) to do so I am going to re-do my space and invest in a vanity, some decor, and most importantly organization.  Below I have included some Instagram photos that serve as inspiration for what I would love my space to be. 

In a perfect world I would have cute prints; have you seen Joanna Pop's work on Instagram?! To die for, and she's Canadian!  large framed mirror and great lighting (of course).  I would have a large white desk, drawers or no drawers it wouldn't matter because sitting on top of it would be a *drumroll please* Original Beauty Box! Which I am ordering soon! Woo hoo!  As well as an acrylic lipstick organizer, and a large stylish tray with all my fragrance sitting pretty inside. 










Like I said the first step I am taking is ordering an Original Beauty Box but I am still deciding between the Original (four drawer) and Deluxe (five drawer, shown above) sizes!  Which do you think I should order?  

I'll have to wake up from my day dream now! I hope you enjoyed this post and I would love to know how do you like to store your makeup? What does your dream vanity look like?

| Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin |
xoxo

19 comments:

  1. I am so obsessed with the beauty box, I have been purchasing acrylic holders to place my makeup in but it is just too small! Thank you for the inspiration!
    Xo Victoria
    www.palmtreesandhappiness.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the exact same as you... my makeup is just everywhere :( This post is great inspiration for storage though, I will have to get organising :) x

    http://stylesunrise.blogspot.co.uk

    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets out of control doesn't it!?
      Thanks for reading Karen!

      Delete
  3. My makeup is stored in one of those black make up cases that were all the rage a while back, but I can never find anything in it and it can get a bit bulky! I'm obsessing over the 'Cosmocube' Acrylic cases at the mo, and as soon as I've saved the $ will be getting one shipped straight over. Gorgeous inspo pics love them!!
    Dani, fabulouslyindulgent.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! You really do need a bigger living space ;) At the moment I have a shelf on my bookshelf and one under my desk where I store my nail polish. But it has been a long standing dream of mine to own a vanity as well! I think my ideal organization make up area would look much like the first picture did!

    Check out my post about the same topic: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/07/how-to-be-organised.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful isn't it!
      Haha, thanks for reading Olivia.
      Xo, Dani.

      Delete
  5. This was a great post! I would deff go with the 5th drawer! More room for more goodies :)

    xx
    themstudio13.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! Thanks Mariana :-)

      Delete
  6. They all look so beautiful! My makeup bag is a mess!

    Abbie
    xo

    http://bonjourabs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No judgement here! Haha
      Thanks for reading Abbie!!

      Delete
  7. I slowly but surely building up decor to create a beautiful living space. The number one thing I'd love to have is a mirror with incredibly lighting. That'll probably be my biggest investment piece when I a full decorating project and I can't wait.

    Munachi
    Glamorousrevelation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see when it all comes together!!!
      Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete
  8. My make up literally just sits on my chest of drawers in really random places. Every once in a while they'll be put in my bag and then I'll forget and be happy when I finally find a product I have been looking for (usually for a good month or so!).

    I'm moving from the UK to Vancouver in less than two months and I cannot take my whole make up collection with me so I'm currently freaking over what to keep and what to throw. How is a girl going to choose?!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way! You'll love Vancouver it's absolutely beautiful! My sister will be moving there in Sept. as well. As for your makeup.... I would find a way to take it all! Haha
      Thanks for reading Rachael!

      Delete
  9. xo! I've already emailed you my comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh I want the same thing! I wrote a post JUST like this( left link below). Im a lipstick junkie too, so an acrylic lipstick holder would be perfect. RIght now the only thing I have organized are my brushes which I got from target. Everything else is a mess, but at least its a start right!??

    http://aprettythought.org/2014/05/30/just-a-little-space/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great start! And beautiful post.
      Shortly after writing this I ordered a huge white desk from IKEA!! So excited about it
      Thanks Kierra :-)

      Delete