Image Map

Friday 21 March 2014

The Lust List: Products I'm Drooling Over

I feel like there is so much I've been lusting after lately (daily emails from Sephora telling me to #LuxeItUp aren't really helping)  I don't see myself shopping much in the near future with exams coming up, 11 assignments due in 3 weeks (yes you read that right), and working much more than I'd like to be right now.  Intead I've been "window shopping" online quite often to procrastinate so I felt like sharing what I've been drooling over lately...   

Lips:


I've never actually tried any Buxom products!  I've heard great things though and I am such a sucker for value packs.  The one pictured above is limited edition for Spring and is their Lips So Luxe set which features deluxe sample sizes of their "Full On Lip Cream" (Creamsicle), "Full On Lip Tarnish" (Wardrobe Malfunction) and "Full Bodied Lip Gloss" in (Boo Ya)  Cutest names, am I right?  I love sets like this that let you sample a variety of a brands products and allow you to get a better feel than if you were to just purchase one full sized product. 

Also for lips, I've been obsessed with the YSL Rouge Volupté Shine in #8 Pink Confidence.  I tried it on in store and they aren't kidding when they say these are pure buttery goodness.  It nearly broke my heart to leave without it.  

Finally, last on my hit list is Heroine from MAC because a girl can never have too many purple lipsticks.


Cheeks:


I'm on the hunt for the perfect plum or berry toned blush for quite some time.

I don't usually go for Tarte products because I'm not very attracted to their bulky wooden packaging. However, these three are part of their Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Blush line.  One of my favorite girls on YouTube is always raving about her Tarte blush so I felt I would investigate a bit further.  When I looked online I managed to narrow it down to three.  Once again I was looking for a plum tone but their neutral shades like "Exposed" (top left) look beautiful.  Also above I have "Dazzled" in the middle which is described as a "soft rose" and "Blushing Bride" which fits my plum-y criteria.

When I saw the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure ( bottom middle) I thought I was in love but then realized I had never really looked at the original line of Ambient Lighting Powder.  I'm glad I did because I love the look of the Mood Light powder (bottom right) probably more than the blush.  Sephora describes it as a "soft, sheer lavender pink powder" *sigh*  I also featured "Radiant Light" on the left in the photo above because it looked like such a beautiful golden light bronze.

Blushes and powder products like these are some of my all time favorite beauty produts.  I just want to go play with these powders and swatch them all in store.  That would make a decision easier, right??  Probably not.


Skin:


Finally, my roommate has been on a Lush kick lately and I'm totally into it.  I've never actually bought anything from Lush because after about 5 minutes in their store I get overwhelmed and a headache from all their scents and excuse myself.  Perhaps if I went in with something specific in mind I would be able to accomplish something. 

It seems I may be missing out on something when it comes to the Lush Lip Scrubs because almost every person who commented on my DIY Lip Scrub post said they love them.

I then came across the Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub- who doesn't need an all over body exfoliator? Yummy.

And oh the Mask of Magnaminty- described on the website to "reach deep down to pull the debris from your pores, giving you a delightful tingly- clean sensation."  Does this not sound similar to what GlamGlow Mud claims?  Except get this: 11.1 oz of Lush's Magnaminty Mask retails for a third or what 1.2 oz of the GlamGlow Mud retails for.  Don't get me wrong- I have been loving my GlamGlow masks but would love to compare the two... Perhaps this is something that could become a more afforable alternative for when I eventually use up all my GG.

There you have it, "The Lust List".  
Have you tried any of these products? What's on your Wish Lists? I'd love to see! 
Tweet me or comment down below.

xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I so badly want to try the Tarte blushes (youtube has been driving me crazy with all the raving!) but then the hourglass products look gorgeous too! I love the neutral tones in blushes! x

    http://thatcurlyygirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! They have another neutral in the Tarte line called Buff which has a bit more of a shimmer and looks equally as stunning.

      Delete
  2. I use the Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light as a blush and it is stunning! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to get one of the Ambient Lighting Powders too - to use as a highlighter, not as a blush -, and since they are on the expensive side I plan to take my time and try all of them in store first :-)

    And I couldn't agree more about purple lipsticks, I have so many purple/magenta shades that only to inexperienced eyes might appear all the same, but well they are maybe similar at most ^_^
    :-D

    x
    MJ

    mjintheskywithglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete